1 box Ziti Pasta
1 pack Copperwood Bacon Sausage
4 cloves garlic
1 medium sized onion
1 tsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp Pepper Jelly
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
2 cups milk
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Boil Ziti Pasta to al dente.
- Thinly slice bacon sausages and add it to a saute pan with 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute until the sausage becomes evenly browned.
Remove pan from heat and set the sausage aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter, onions, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Sauté until onions become translucent. Add pepper jelly and stir until it dissolves into butter mixture. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk slowly, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps and scorching. Once all the milk is added, stir frequently for a few minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add bacon sausage and thyme and mix well.
- Add both cheese and stir until they are completely melted into the sauce. Stir in ziti pasta to evenly coat each noodle. Garnish with extra cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy.