- 5 whole red peppers
- 1 15oz can tomato Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Method:1. Roast Red Peppers on medium heat on stove top until charred, turning often with tongs.
2. Place roasted peppers in bowl and cover for 10 mins. Remove covering and peel off the skin and remove seeds from peppers.
3. Cut peppers into chunks and add to a large soup pot with tomato sauce over medium-high heat.
4. Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and remove pot from heat.
5. Use an immersion blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add milk, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese to pot and stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Simmer for 15-20 mins over medium-low heat until hot, fragrant and cheese is completely melted. Serve with fresh basil and additional parmesan cheese if desired.