- 3 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2-3 ripe mangoes
Method:1. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the 1/4 cup of cold water in a medium bowl and set aside to soften for about 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the cream and sugar to a light simmer then turn off the heat.
3. Whisk to help the sugar dissolve completely in the liquid. Whisk in the gelatin mix, making sure to whisk out any lumps. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and salt.
4. Peel and cut up the mango into small chunks.
5. Evenly divide about 2/3 of the mango chunks among desired serving dishes.
6. Pour the panna cotta mixture over the mango. Put in the fridge ti chill.
7. When panna cotta is getting firm (after about an hour) evenly distribute the rest of the mango on top of the panna cotta and dust lightly with nutmeg.
8. Chill until completely firm and serve.